SGPS: Sunlight based Global Positioning System Project
- 22/07/2013: Due to constant SPAM and bot automatic registrations, we have removed the registration option. If you want to contribute, please contact the admin JotauVe to create an account in the wiki.
- 07/02/2013: We have created a new Git repository in SourceForge. It is called trunk and is included in the SF Project: https://sourceforge.net/projects/sgpsproject/
- 21/01/2013: We've moved the website to SourceForge. If you find any problem such broken links, please, Notify It so we can solve it :)
- 11/12/2012: A collection of papers about GPS-less positioning have been included. These could add new interesting ideas to the SGPS project. Check them in Documentation/GPS-less global positioning or by clicking here!
- 27/11/2012: We have a GitHub repository!!! https://github.com/jvgomez/sgps/ So far it has just a few documentation, but we will include it as soon as we can :)
- 31/10/2012: SGPS Project presented at Linuxec in Universidad Pontificia Comillas. More info here.
- 16/08/2012: SGPS Porject will be presented at OSHWCON2012! We will post more information as soon as possible.
- 19/07/2012: SGPS Project will be at DSAI2012 with a poster presented by Javier V. Gómez and Frode Eika Sandnes.
- 23/04/2012: We are looking for community main contributors! Mainly, we need help with: mailing lists, social networks, repositories, language checking, design... Join us!.
- 23/04/2012: Added a cool gadget to the wiki. To get the code go to www.albinoblacksheep.com.
The SGPS is an open, institution-free, international research project which tries to create a Global Positioning System (GPS) by means of the sunlight information. Hence, this site stands for a open research community interested on developing this project. We are working on free open software and low-cost, open hardware (such as Arduino) to implement this system and improve it as much as possible.
- Project Basis - Project definition, principles and current state.
- People - Who is involved in the community.
- Documentation - Theoretical algorithms and implementations (software and hardware) so far.
- Project Ideas - Ideas, concepts and TO DO list to improve the system.
- Project History - The milestones and key dates.
- Contributing - Join the community! There are many ways to contribute: testing, implementing, brainstorming, documentation, collaboration etc.
- Project Policies - What is the project's philosophy, licenses, contributions policies...
- FAQ - Frequently asked questions