GPS-less global positioning
From SGPS Project
Frode Eika Sandnes has published many diferent works which are related to the GPS-less positioning. These can be considered as previous work of the SGPS but the integration of these with the SGPS can be very interesting.
- A Simple Content-Based Strategy for Estimating the Geographical Location of a Webcam, Proceedings of the 11th Pacific Rim conference on Advances in multimedia information processing: Part I, Pages 36-45, 2010. ISBN:3-642-15701-7 978-3-642-15701-1
- An Energy Efficient Localization Strategy for Outdoor Objects based on Intelligent Light-Intensity Sampling, Proceedings of the 7th international conference on Ubiquitous intelligence and computing, Pages 192-204, 2010. ISBN:3-642-16354-8 978-3-642-16354-8
- Determining the Geographical Location of Image Scenes based on Object Shadow Lengths, Journal of Signal Processing Systems, Volume 65 Issue 1, Pages 35-47, October 2011.
- Geo-Spatial Tagging of Image Collections using Temporal Camera Usage Dynamics, Proceedings of the 2009 10th International Symposium on Pervasive Systems, Algorithms, and Networks, Pages 160-165, 2009. ISBN: 978-0-7695-3908-9
- Sorting Holiday Photos without a GPS What Can We Expect from Contents-Based Geo-spatial Image Tagging, Advances in Multimedia Information Processing - PCM 2009 Lecture Notes in Computer Science Volume 5879, 2009, pp 256-267.
- Unsupervised and Fast Continent Classification of Digital Image Collections using Time International Conference on System Science and Engineering (ICSSE), Pages 516-520, 2010.
- Where was that photo taken Deriving geographical information from image collections based on temporal exposure attributes Multimedia Systems, August 2010, Volume 16, Issue 4-5, pp 309-318.